Thursday, 27 September 2018, Mumbai: CITI’s Birla Economic and Textile Research Foundation, a registered Trust U/S 12 A(a) of the Income-Tax Act, distributes award every year for outstanding research in any branch of textile industry or its allied branches. A Jury is constituted every year for selection of the winner for the award.
CITI’s Birla Economic and Textile Research Foundation functions as an information exchange or a Data Bank related to the textile industry. The Foundation carries out inclusive economic investigation on topical and long-term problems of the textile industry and also works for the spread and promotion of research in Textile Industry by way of grant of awards, Certificate of Merits and others.
This year the Jury for Selection of the Winner of CITI Birla Award for 2017-18 included Dr. Arindam Basu, Director General, NITRA as Jury Chairman, Dr. Prakash Vasudevan, Director, SITRA, Dr. Anjan K. Mukhopadhyay, Director, BTRA and Shri M.N. Subramanian, Director, ATIRA as Jury Members.
Jury constituted for this years’ CITI-BIRLA Award unanimously selected M/s Maral Overseas Ltd., Madhya Pradesh as the Winner of the Award in their meeting held on 25th September 2018.
The Jury cited following factors for choosing Maral Overseas Ltd. as the winner of the Award.
- Maral Overseas Limited used various kinds of fibres starting from recycled polyester, bamboos, soya fibre, etc.
- The captive washing has been given the importance over the overflow washing and they have the fully equipped RO, ETP and MEE plant with Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD).
- 70% of the water was being reused in their production process.
- They used the solar power and total energy saved was 7563 KWh/day during last three years. Their achievements in the field of non-conventional energy was found commendable.
- 100% packing material which was recyclable and biodegradable.
- They have huge dyeing capacity and they have lot of certifications.
- They have got achievement award for sustainability.
The Award consisting of a cheque for Rs. 2 lakh and a citation were presented to the winner in the 60th Annual General Meeting of Confederation of Indian Textile Industry (CITI) held on September 27, 2018 in Mumbai. Mr. Dinesh Kumar Mittal, Unit Head, Maral Overseas Ltd. received the award and a cheque of Rs. 2 lakh as winning prize from Shri Sanjay K Jain, Chairman, CITI.